February 10, 2010

Recipe of the week!

So, you've probably seen this recipe.  Maybe you forgot about it.  It isn't gourmet.  It is not fancy.  It doesn't look pretty. 

However, it is delicious and requires no prep time.  I have no idea where I got this recipe or who told me--so whoever you are, thank you.  My entire family loves it and gobbles it up and it is sooooo easy to make.   Here goes:

No fancy, done up plates here--just real food!

Crockpot Chicken (well, that's what we call it)

1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of celery
6-8 chicken breasts (thawed, if frozen) or whatever your family will eat plus make some for leftovers.


Throw it all in a 4 quart crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8.  Serve over brown rice (I usually double whatever my family will eat and freeze half for later).  I recommend lots of the sauce over the rice and freshly ground black pepper.  We also add in a vegetable (not pictured--already gobbled up) or a salad.  The cream of ... soups are interchangeable but my family prefers the celery and mushroom combo.  You can also swap out the chicken for pork chops--one of the few ways my kids will eat pork chops (you know how they can be tough if you're not careful).  And if you like lots of sauce you can also add more soup but I find this is ample for 6 full-fledged eaters.  And, boy, do they eat this up!  Even the two year old who can be picky.

This recipe is a perfect solution to the "witching hour" when all the kids in the house are going crazy and hungry and you just need to get dinner on the table even with a baby on the hip!  Throw this on the table and you will be mom of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment