February 24, 2010

Recipe of the week!

Gingered Salmon.

We had this recipe for dinner on Valentine's Day.  YUM!  I am going to make it this friday and I am posting this early.  Now, I must say we don't normally have salmon on friday for Lent.  But, my husband was so smitten with it he asked to have it again.  I'll take a picture when we do.

Oh, and I don't know where this recipe came from.  I Googled it--I was trying to give someone credit but the closest I came was Grilled Salmon with Lemon and Ginger, which is very close.

4 Salmon Fillets
1 Cup Pineapple Juice
1 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 tsp. gingerroot, grated
1/8 tsp. pepper (I just use fresh ground over the fillets to taste)

In ziploc bag, combine all ingredients and add fish, turning to coat (gently).  Marinate in fridge for about 20 minutes.  Preheat oven broiler.  Drain fish, reserving the marinade.  Place fish on greased broiler pan (or foil for easy cleanup) and broil 5 or 6 inches from broiler for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes (it won't be mushy).  While fish is cooking, put marinade in pan (I strain mine because I don't like the bits of gingerroot in my sauce--but you don't have to do that), bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes or until thickened.  Pour over fish and serve with rice and a vegetable.

And, well, to just throw in another salmon idea I saw this one on Food Network one day and I want to try this in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment