February 24, 2010

Scripture verse for today.

I heard this one on the radio today.  You know how sometimes, you can read the bible but it just.doesn't.soak.in.  In goes in your eyeballs and out your ears or something.  This little book of Lamentations, so little yet poignant.  Anyway, it never hit home with me until I heard it. 

Good is the Lord to one who waits for him,
to the soul that seeks him;
It is good to hope in silence
for the saving help of the Lord.

Let him sit alone and in silence,
when it is laid upon him.
Let him put his mouth to the dust;*
there may yet be hope.

Lamentations 3:25-26,29-30

*My bible says Let him put his mouth to the dust=in humble submission.

Have I been letting my soul seek the Lord in silence? Uh, no.  Good reminder this Lent--let us seek the Lord.  This takes effort!  It isn't always easy!  Let us be submissive and put our Lord first, there may yet be hope.  Oh, there is hope.  He is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment