February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

Daybook February 8th, 2010

Outside my window...it is really really cold.  But sunny and snowy and beautiful.  I love the way the ice glistens on the trees.

I am thinking...about more snow and wondering if I have everything we need or do I have to go to the store?

I am thankful for...heat and blankets and little girls with pony tails and babies who are soft and snuggly.  I am also thankful for my husband who gets up early, in the cold, to catch a plane to provide for us all.

From the learning rooms...working on math facts.  The building block of math.  Piano lessons later today.

From the kitchen...trying to decide what valentines treats to make.

I am wearing...argyle cardigan with tee underneath, grey slacks, socks and slipper socks.  With my standard silver hoop earrings.  Don't feel ready for the day without them.

I am creating...scrapbooks, window clings, and valentines for our co-op friends.
I am going...to piano and sledding at a sister-in-laws today.

I am reading...nothing!  I need to get to the library for a book.  But that isn't looking like it is going to happen this week.

I am hoping...the new house gets done on time.  And that the old house sells.  When I start to have an anxiety attack about it all, I breathe deep and remind myself that I need to leave it in God's hands.  He has always provided for us, and he will continue to do so.  Then, I say a prayer!

I am hearing...Bob the Builder on PBS.  Birds in the trees.

Around the house...enjoying a clean house.  We had two showings yesterday and the house is impeccably clean.  So I'm going to capitalize on that and try to keep it that way as much as possible because it really brings me peace.

One of my favorite things...valentines day!  It is such a simple celebration at our house with the whole premise of showing each other love. 

A few plans for the rest of the week...laying low.  Ken is out of town for a couple of days.  I'm going to keep it simple and try to have some fun with the kids.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Some little boys who had great fun with Dad at work.



Visit the Simple Woman's Daybook at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ for more daybooks!
Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. You have such a beautiful family, I enjoyed my visit today and especially you Kitchen Prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clean house gives me peace too. I can physically feel it. I try really hard to keep it that way, but it's not always easy, is it? Good luck with the new house and selling your current one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your daybook. Your family is beautiful! I LOVE a clean house, but with the small herd I have living at my house, it doesn't happen often...LOL! ENJOY it ;) I miss snow. We are recent transplants to the southwest from the Chicago area and while I don't miss driving in it, I sure do miss the sight of it and the cozy feelings I get watching to float down to Earth. *sigh* Hope you have a wonderful week and that all your houseing issues work out. Our God is a God of Miracles...He can do anything. Have faith!
    Blessings,
    ~Kristy~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouraging words, Man Crew! As for the snow, though, it is right about now that we all start wishing we lived somewhere with no snow! And a beach! But there is something lovely about the idea of snow and cozy times with books and hot cocoa.

    I'm willing to ship some.... :)

    ReplyDelete