February 15, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

February 15, 2010

Outside my window...snow, snow, and more good snow!  I do like the snow because it removes us from all activities and obligations and keeps us home together.  And the kids love it, too!


I am thinking...lots of things!  That I think it is hard to get used to writing 2010--I think it is the zeros!  That I am not sure I will take part in the Google Buzz thing.  Does anyone really want to hear what I say at any given point in time?  I don't Twitter and I don't Facebook---oh, I like them but they are time-wasters and my life isn't that exciting.  I also think that I am ready for spring.  Anything else?  Um, no.  I'm so simple-minded!

I am thankful for...sweet children who love to love. 

From the learning rooms...gearing up for Lent and getting ready to work on Lent, A Journey Toward Easter lapbook from Lapbooks for Catholics.  We just started doing lapbooks this year and we all love them.  I was happy to find this one because I really need my life simplified right now and thank goodness someone did it for me!

From the kitchen...a big pitcher of sweet tea.  I only wish it was caffeinated!  And today or tomorrow, we'll have to make some red velvet cupcakes from a mix that a friend gave me. YUM!

I am wearing...yoga pants, a t-shirt, and a ponytail.  I forgot to put in my earrings!

I am creating...nothing really.  Just preparing to create and coming down off all the creating we did last week.  The next couple of days will just be getting everything together for Lent and clearing spaces.

I am going...nowhere!  I love being snowed in!  Friday there will probably still be co-op but until then, we'll just stay here and drink lots of hot cocoa.

I am reading...Leisure: The Basis of Culture as suggested by Leila.  I really needed someone to suggest a book so I jumped right in!  And the Bible, of course.  That's a given!  But, I would like to refine a reading schedule for Lent.  Any book suggestions?  Any Lenten scripture schedules?  Am I just going to have to Google it?

I am hoping...the drywall goes up this week. But I doubt it.  And that no one else in the family gets sick.  We battled a little stomach bug with the littlest ones over the weekend.

I am hearing...the humidifier over the baby monitor and a dog barking.  I think the baby monitor/humidifier is drowning out the noise of the other kids.  I think.  Better go check on what they are up to.

Around the house...getting started on the 40 bags in 40 days program highlighted here by Jessica!  I am really excited about this because I have been really overwhelmed with the prospect of moving all of this STUFF, especially since I have a whole storage unit full of who-knows-what.  If the weather warms up, we'll takle that, too.  I needed some motivation and now I've got it and I'm hoping to get the kids involved, as well.  I'll have to get a little tracker of some-really-basic-kind up on the sidebar.

One of my favorite things...roses from my true love.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  hot cocoa, marshmallows, lots of books, Ash Wednesday, hopefully getting to confession before then, starting our lapbooks, and then co-op at the end of the week.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



Visit The Simple Woman's Daybook for more great Daybook posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment