February 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

February 22, 2010

Outside my window...dreary, cloudy, rain.  Very unmotivated to go to the grocery store (as I really need to do) but cozy inside for painting and hot cocoa.


I am thinking...about my two big boys who are skiing for the first time right now.  I really hope they are having fun and that they are safe.

I am thankful for...all the opportunities we have.  How lucky are we that we get to go skiing on a Monday!  And that my husband has a job and a cozy house and all of these beautiful children.  We are so blessed.

From the learning rooms...Lenten Studies.  Still working on Lapbooks for Catholics, this will continue until Easter.  Alphabet letters J, K, L with Liz and Jake.  Focusing on phonics with Patrick and math facts with Nathan.  Nathan just started reading Little House in the Big Woods.  All.by.himself.  Wow.  Chapter books.  Wow.  I'm so glad he finally likes reading!

From the kitchen...big pot of chili tonight for dinner.  Cincinnati-style for the kids.  Chicken pot pie tomorrow.  Making some freezer meals this week at some point.  My F-I-L is having surgery in March and I want to have a meal ready to take to them.
I am wearing...turgoise tee and jeans.  Ponytail and no earrings!  My morning was a whirlwind getting my husband and older boys out the door and the little kids were very anxious to paint.

I am creating...wallet-size phone lists for the co-op.

I am going...to the grocery store later.  Hopefully, sans kids.  Piano has moved to Wednesday.  Co-op on Friday.  Storage unit one day this week to hopefully find my Lent/Easter tote.  I would like to find my stations of the cross candles.  Probably a trip to the pediatrician--I have a feeling Nicky is developing an ear infection.  Anywhere else?  I don't know.

I am reading...  Leisure--still.  And I am ordering A Charlotte Mason Education and A Charlotte Mason Companion for inspiration for next year.  Its time to have my own copies.


I am hoping...for this house to sell.  Still.

I am hearing...Nicky babbling. And Max and Ruby.

Around the house...Furnace isn't working.  Hopefully, the technician will come tomorrow to fix it.  Have to go buy a wood floor SOON for the new house.  Also, need to pick out colors for the kids rooms at the new house.  Continuing de-cluttering.  Maybe start boxing stuff up.

One of my favorite things...babies who snuggle all night with their head pressed next to yours, especially when they aren't they super-snuggly type (and Nicky isn't).  Children's Tylenol.  Goes with the snuggly baby.

A few plans for the rest of the week: trying to stay sane and not lose my temper with my two-year old.  And all of the above.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My snow bunny.  She loves that hat and it barely fits her!


Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook for more daybooks!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just stopping by after your comment on my blog. Nice to meet you!
    Wonderful blog and beautiful name (yours and your blogs!). Looks like we have 'hope' in common!

    Thanks for stopping over at my place and I'm glad to find you out here in Blogville! I'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete