March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This is a very lengthy, picture-filled post.  Sorry!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Here is an excerpt from a poem by Patrick.  You can read the whole thing here.

I bind to myself today
The virtue of the love of seraphim,
In the obedience of angels,
In the hope of resurrection unto reward,
In prayers of Patriarchs,
In predictions of Prophets,
In preaching of Apostles,
In faith of Confessors,
In purity of holy Virgins,
In deeds of righteous men.
 
I bind to myself today
The strong virtue of an invocation of the Trinity,
I believe the Trinity in the Unity
The Creator of the Universe.
 
Here's a little of what we've been doing to celebrate today:
 
 
My very own Patrick working on a shamrock.

My kitchen helper who helped make these:

Except I didn't have the patience to follow the recipe exactly so I put three chocolate chips for the Holy Trinity instead.  Mini chips would have been even better.

Shamrock window clings.  This one isn't quite dry!


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
 
Many blessings to you!  I'm off for more fun....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hope - it looks like you had a very festive St. Patrick's Day. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete