March 2, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

March 2, 2010

Outside my window...it is dark.  I did see a glimmer of sunshine today and that made me very very happy.  I'm really tired of clouds.  I can't wait for spring (although I would gladly pass on the mud).

I am thinking...that I am not going to be able to start seeds this year.  That the next four weeks are going to be crazy nutsy crazy.  Yep.

I am thankful for...my husband and answered prayers, even if we totally don't understand the big picture yet.  And, we got confirmation today from Compassion International that our sponsored child in Haiti is indeed safe and sound.  His home however is damaged or destroyed but we don't really know the extent of that.

From the learning rooms...plugging along.  We're making good progress and I'm trying to keep it going until everything falls apart with the move.

From the kitchen... well, we had stuffed peppers and Hearty Chicken and Noodle Casserole already this week.  Oven baked chicken, spaghetti and meatballs, homemade pizza and BBQ sandwiches are on the menu for the rest of the week.  I actually made out my menu for the month!  yippee! I haven't done that in a couple of months (and it shows---we've been eating out way too much.  No room to wiggle this month.  Must.stay.on.budget.).

I am wearing...workout capris and a white long sleeve t-shirt.  I just did some Wii Fit Plus.  I like that in the evening because I can hear the baby monitor (I can't if I get on the treadmill).

I am creating...a recipe book for co-op.  Also, organizing my own recipe book (more on that later).  Menu plans and grocery shopping lists are in the process too.

I am going...ugh.  Do you really want to know?  Too many little places.  I don't even want to think about it!  And everything that should have happened last week spun out of control when the furnace went out.  We have heat but I feel like to suppose that I know what this week will be like would just be silly.

I am reading...Sarah, Plain and Tall with Nathan.  Just because.  The Bible.

I am hoping...for happy house endings.

I am hearing...the dryer.

Around the house...ugh, again.  Too much, too much!  Finishing details here.  Working on more for the 40 bags in 40 days challenge.  Floor, paint, etc. etc. at the new house.  Trying to keep in mind that God doesn't give more than we can handle and that all things happen in His time.  Not mine.

One of my favorite things...baby snuggles.  Did I say that last week?  I still can't get enough of them.  Or that sleepy stretch they do and how warm and soft their cheeks are after they've been snuggling under the covers with you.  Sigh.  I just love to breathe them all in.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  diaper study, wood floor has to be in by Monday, painting bedrooms in new house, cleaning up outside of this house if the weather warms, co-op, picking up boxes from a friend, working on recipe book and anything else that gets tossed at me this week.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Spring is coming... spring is coming...spring is coming!!



Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook for daybooks that are certainly more interesting than mine!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. oh yes, spring is definitely coming. I've noticed the birds are singing about it! ;)

    great job with your 40 bag challenge. I told a girlfriend about it and she's up to 12! me, not so much. lol

    ReplyDelete