March 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

March 8, 2010


Outside my window...it is bright and beautiful.  I love the sunshine!  I am so happy to see it return again and I have so much energy.

I am thinking...about second showings (St. Joseph, pray for us!), feverish babes, all the work to be done.

I am thankful for...my hardworking husband and all my in-laws who devoted so much time this weekend to install the floors in our new house.  We had no idea it was going to take so long. And it still isn't done.

From the learning rooms...sigh.  Unfortunately, when everything else in my life is chaos--schoolwork suffers.  So, we're just maintaining this week.  I had wanted to work on lapbooks today but poor, sick, Nick wouldn't allow for it.  And that is learning, too.  Learning to be present and sit and hold a sick baby if need be.  And oh, how I am enjoying the sweet, sunny smell of him as we sit in the sunshine, swinging and singing.  Alliteration, anyone?

From the kitchen...tacos, Chicken Tortilla Casserole, leftovers, Chicken pot pie (from last week's menu), a birthday party on Saturday (so I don't have to cook), Salmon on Friday.

I am wearing...jeans, a black t-shirt, a ponytail, and my silver hoop earrings.

I am creating...boxes, boxes, and more boxes.  And destroying more than I am creating anything.  We dismantled the boys fort this past weekend.  Very sad to see it come down, but exciting too for a new beginning.

I am going...to the house today to unload our dismantled fort.  To piano tomorrow, maybe the pediatrician.  To diaper study wednesday, co-op on friday (hopefully, we missed last week), birthday party on saturday.

I am reading...who knows.  I have various assorted printouts and books and such distributed around the house.  Mainly I don't have time to read them so it is little bits here and there.

I am hoping...this house can become a cute little home for a young couple.  Soon.  Very soon.

I am hearing...the dog bark.  Kids playing legos two floors up.

Around the house...Wood floors to be finished there.  Threshhold and porch painted here.  Washing machine (which is new) to be serviced here.  Boxing, packing, cleaning, purging, stashing, dashing, washing, and so on.  I'm ready to go back to a normal life.  :)

One of my favorite things...sunshine and kids playing outdoors.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...




Visit Peggy for more daybooks!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great picture. It sounds like you have a very busy week. I hope you have fun. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your wee one is feeling better! Have a blessed week ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete