March 23, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

March 23, 2010


Outside my window...the sun has finally come out and it is turning out to be a beautiful day, weather-wise.  Rain can be cozy and is nice for a day here and there.  But sun is glorious and just fills me with happiness!

I am thinking...about my beautiful little boy who is one.  And about my husband who needs some encouragement from me, especially since we've been a bit at odds with all the chaos going on around here.

I am thankful for...no more showings!  Our house is pending!  Yay!

From the learning rooms...nothing.  Too many birthday parties, too many boxes, two houses means I need to be pared waaayyyy down right now.  We are still focusing on our Lent lapbooks and we will be doing some math and reading but that is about it.  We will pick back up with full strength after Easter.  I need this right now and I think the kids do, too.

From the kitchen...chicken pot pie, homemade brownies for Nicky's celebration with just us tonight.  Pulling things from the freezer for the rest of the week.

I am wearing...my pink co-op t-shirt and grey sweats.  Interesting, I know.  Also, not so flattering.  Oh. well.

I am creating...a cookbook, still.  And a lot of mess with boxes.  I created a monkey cake for Nick's party and I'll have to check and see what Jacob wants for his this weekend.

I am going...nowhere today.  The usual for the rest of the week.

I am reading...Nathan's history books.

I am hoping...there are no problems with closing on this house.  And that we can close on the new one first.  We'll see!

I am hearing...quiet.  Nick and Liz are napping.  The three boys are building forts (quietly, I hope) in their room.

Around the house...trying to finish things here that have to be done by closing.  Finish painting at the new house.  The boys room needs trim done and the laundry room.  If we can get those done before we move in, I will be very pleased. 

One of my favorite things...birthday cake and my thighs show it!

A few plans for the rest of the week...fun, fun, fun!  Easter shopping, birthday shopping for Jacob, working in the yard, and co-op.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

                                               Now.                                             Then--so tiny!
Oh, a mother's heart!  Full of joy and wistfullness--happy to see them grow and missing when they were tiny!

Visit Peggy for more daybooks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hope! I saw your name at the SWD site, so thought I would pay you a visit. The name of your blog pulled me in. First off - what a beautiful family! Your little one is adorable! Congrats on your selling your home & finding another. A big adventure awaiting, along with lots of work. :-) Have a blessed day, & a sweet Easter as we celebrate the Lord's resurrection. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete