May 10, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

May 10, 2010
Trying-to-get-back-to-normalcy-edition!
Outside my window...Hazy Sunshine.  A little chilly.  Some frost overnight and I had to cover my veggies we just planted yesterday.

I am thinking...that I wish I had the house a little more together.  It is starting to get to me.  We are in a functional state, but not a peaceful one.

I am thankful for...a husband who knows how to make Mother's Day special.  And a Mother and Mother-in-law who were understanding when we didn't see them on their Mother's Day.  I really needed to be home with my family and it was wonderful. 

From the learning rooms...(sigh).  We aren't making much progress.  And I flip-flop between "We'll catch up on the hot days of summer when everyone is bored" and "We're behind!  We must do math!  Go! Go! Go!"  In reality, I'm opting for the first but inside my head the second one screams.  We are finishing up our history reading and working on math facts but that is it.

From the kitchen...fish tank still resides on the counter.  A pile of tools, paperwork, artwork, baby safety latches, etc etc resides on another.  Thankfully we have a lot of counter space!  But, nothing creative this week.  Just getting by.

I am wearing...grey yoga pants, a blue t-shirt, and a fleece jacket.

I am creating...peace and harmony.  Well, I'm gonna.  Really!

I am going...diaper study on Tuesday, make-up piano on Wednesday, personal trainer on Wednesday, to the last co-op day on Friday.  Grocery store in there somewhere.  Exciting, I know.  :)

I am reading...appliance manuals.  And the Catechism.

I am hoping...to eliminate all boxes from all living spaces and most of the closets.  No minor undertaking there.  But my sanity requires it!!  And in the process, I am hoping to find the random odd items we still can't find--legs for one of the couches, a missing foot for the dryer, parts to some shelving, my black dress shoes.

I am hearing...all the kids playing in the living room.  It is getting kinda crazy in there!

Around the house...we put our vegetable garden in this weekend and it is huge!  I'm so excited.  And we got a little landscaping down the side of the house with transplants from the old house.  It looks good!

One of my favorite things...people...my husband.  The man rototilled and dug his weekend away because he knows it makes me happy and a little more rooted (no pun intended) to have a garden.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  boxes, see above.  Finish hanging some shelving, install baby locks on cabinet doors, put up a fence around the garden, mulch.  Then on Saturday, we are having an Open House party with a little help from House Party.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...




Visit Peggy for more Daybooks!  

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I enjoyed reading your daybook. I hope that you will be able to de-clutter more if that will bring you peace of mind. I need to do the same. Wow about your mother and mother-in-law, who didn't expect you to visit so that you could enjoy your own day. Wow. That's very unselfish of them.

    I'm happy for you that your hubby is helping you with your garden. Mine is doing so as well and it really makes a difference.

    I sure hope you have a wonderful day. God bless you in your adventures of homeschooling. We did that for a number of years.

    I noticed that you are Catholic. Have you visited Happy Hearts at Home? She is Catholic, too, and has a wonderful, resource-full blog.

    God bless,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoyed a glimpse of your very normal day (really). Enjoy the kiddos while they're young....it all goes by so fast. Just remember.....Hail Mary full of Grace......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for such sweet comments!

    Elizabeth, I haven't come across that blog yet and I will definately check it out. Thanks for the tip!

    Wendy, you are so right. It does go fast and it is good to be reminded of that while we are in the trenches! And thankfully we have the Blessed Mother as our intercessor!

    Take care,
    hope

    ReplyDelete