May 27, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

May 27, 2010
A wee hours of the night daybook!


Outside my window...it is dark.  Very very dark.  The moon, however, is gloriously bright.  It is ridiculous how the porch lights don't make a dent in the darkness out here--you might as well do without them!  But the moon, especially on a clear night, is like a huge spotlight in the sky--you can see everything!  I'd take a picture but my camera just won't do it. 

I am thinking...that I am really tired and it is probably going to be a crazy day tomorrow.  I should go to bed.

I am thankful for...my husband.  As usual.  And for my children.  I love them so much.

From the learning rooms...math. Ugh.  'Nuff said.

From the kitchen...a beautiful princess cake for my sweet girl for her party this weekend.  And some party food.  And a spinach/strawberry salad and rice krispy treats to take to a graduation party.

I am wearing...a blue nightgown, a white fleece jacket and wet hair.  Quite the (un)fashionable combo!

I am creating...a chalkboard for the kitchen. 

I am going...back to the hospital in the AM.  My mother is suffering from pancreatitus.  It has been a whirlwind of a day and she is in a lot of pain.

I am reading...um, nothing.  I need to get to the library.  Next week, perhaps?

I am hoping...that my mother feels better tomorrow.  And that I can be there for her CAT scan.  And that my sweet girl can finally have the birthday party she's been dreaming of in spite of everything else.

I am hearing...the air conditioner running and the typing of my own fingers on the keyboard.

Around the house...I need shelves, shelves and more good shelves.  Oh, honey dear........  (Is he reading this?  Somebody send him an email...).

One of my favorite things...sleep.  I need more of it.

A few plans for the rest of the week...all of my plans for the week have gone out the window.  I had hoped to get some mulch and compost down in the veggie garden and get all ready for the party this weekend.  Now, I am just going to try and take care of my mom and my children the best I can.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

So, this is the best moon shot my camera could muster.  I tried to get a picture of the shadow, yes shadow, from the moon but it wouldn't take.  You'll just have to imagine.  To a girl who's lived in the city for the last 10 years, these kinds of things are amazing!  :)


Visit Peggy for more great daybooks!  And maybe night shadows!  You never know....

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about your day! Blessings and prayers for a swift recovery for your mother and a happy birthday for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Prayers are always welcomed!

    ReplyDelete