June 24, 2010

Take back the Summer.

It is a call to arms.

A call to end a life of crazy, hectic, get-in-the-car-and-go-everyday-because-there-is-so-much-to-do.

I am so so tired.

I am taking back the summer.

I remember, way back when my kids were little and there were only 2 (or 3), that summer used to be relaxing and refreshing.  Every day was about having fun and going to the park and a nap in the afternoon.

The last couple of summers have not been like that.  Selling a house didn't help any.  Had to be out of the house on someone else's schedule.  I've been running too many errands.  The kids are getting bigger and they have committments of their own.  All of that creates for a lot of being-on-the-go.  A lot of being gone during the week.

Errand running and sports and piano lessons and all of that drains the life from us moms. I'm convinced of it. It is the loading kids in cars, driving in the heat, missing nap times, stopping here-stopping there, so much that by the time you get home you just want to flop on the couch and turn on the TV. You kind of miss summer that way.


Did I say I was tired?  I am.  And I think the only sure-fire way of curing that is to cut-back, slow-down, and enjoy the kids. 

Therefore, I vow to stay home three days a week.  You with me?  Come on, take back your summer, too!  The only way is to STAY HOME!  Unless you are on vacation.  I would say that going to the park or library is okay on "home" days as long as they aren't combined with errand running. 

I am hoping an additional benefit would be that my house might not be the perpetual disaster that comes from being away from it too much!

Bring on summer!  And popsicles!  And sprinklers!  And a refreshed family!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment