July 14, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...it is very dark.  And very late.  I made the unfortunate mistake of having one Starbucks tall cafe mocha and one large coke within a three hour period.  Gluttony and now I can't sleep!  It will be a rough day tomorrow!


I am thinking...that if it is hot again tomorrow, we should do a homemade slip-n-slide and set up the kiddie pool.  Backyard Beach!

I am thankful for...Starbucks!  No really, that is just silly!  I am thankful for so, so much.  We have really been blessed in just so much.  We all have.  I think that pretty much, if you are in a position to have access to an internet connection and can actually read this right now, you have no right to complain.  I'm just thinking here about people like those in Haiti, living in tent slums.  We sponsor a little boy through Compassion in Haiti and it is a constant reminder to be thankful for all that we have. 

From the learning rooms...well, I'm starting to piece together my plan for next year.  And, I'm trying to get my school stuff organized.  I'm getting kind of excited!

From the kitchen...blackberry cobbler,and lots of grilling and salad to try and keep the heat out of the kitchen.

I am wearing...my pajamas.  Shhh!

I am creating...lists!  Lists of what I need to buy for who for school and lists of things I'd like to do and lists of places I would like to go camp.

I am going...nowhere.  Nowhere at all.

I am reading...online book catalogs and other people's blogs for inspiration!

I am hoping...for rain.  I always enjoy a good rain shower in the middle of the heat and my plants could use some help.

I am hearing...the air conditioner run.  Nothing else.  How nice is that?

Around the house...starting to finally get things organized.  I need to finish my chalkboard wall.

One of my favorite things...bed.  And I am going to go there right now and hopefully fall asleep.  Wish me luck!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Lovin' the kiddie rides at Coney Island!



Visit Peggy for more fun summer daybooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment