August 6, 2010

Favorite Catholic Prayers.

Sarah tagged me to play along with listing my top three favorite prayers.  Here they go in no particular order.

1.  Memorare to St. Joseph.  After saying this one for nearly two years straight, how could it not be my favorite?  And, St. Joseph has a special place in our family since my husband is a carpenter at heart.

Remember, O most chaste spouse of the Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who

implored your help and sought your intercession were left unassisted.

Full of confidence in your power I fly unto you and beg your protection.

Despise not O Guardian of the Redeemer my humble supplication, but in your bounty,

hear and answer me.

Amen.

2. Hail Mary.  This prayer calms me.  I find I pray it when I'm stressed, when I'm sad, even out of joy.  I also prayed this prayer a lot during that house-selling period.  I'd pray it while cleaning to keep myself on an even keel and not freaking out at the children! I find comfort in running to my heavenly mother in times of need.
 
Hail Mary, Full of Grace,

The Lord is with thee.

Blessed art thou among women,

and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,

pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death.

Amen.


3.  Guardian Angel prayer.  A nightly favorite said with all of the children and also said for each child.  I can't even think of how many times I've been convinced that our Guardian Angels have protected us.  You just can't beat asking for the intercession of your angel!

Angel of God, my guardian dear,

To whom God's love commits me here,

Ever this day, be at my side,

To light and guard, rule and guide.

Amen.



So... I'm supposed to go tag 5 other bloggers now.  Big choices!  I had some blogs in mind then realized I'm kinda uncomfortable with that!  Silly me, I know.  I'm no fun with chain mail either.  Nonetheless, I had fun giving this some thought!  Thanks, Sarah!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing along, Hope!! Glad you posted the Memorare to St. Joseph, I'd never heard of it before (how could this be??!!). Beautiful prayers.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete