October 27, 2010

New life!

Those would be Jacob's baby toes!
We're having a baby. Due in June 2011.

We're having a baby!!  And we're very excited.  I don't have any ultrasound pictures to post yet so it kind of seems unreal.  Like I need to have proof.  I could have posted a picture of the pregnancy test I suppose but that would have been weird.  I think so anyway!

I had my first OB appointment this week and I actually almost panicked when they did another test, as if it might come back negative.  I literally thought to myself, "Why didn't I take TWO tests to make sure?"  Yes, it was positive so there was no need to worry anyhow.

We have told the grandparents and almost everyone on my husband's side and a few close friends.  We haven't told my brother and his wife yet (I don't think they read my blog--I hope not!) because they are expecting their first child and they have a baby shower in two weeks.  I was kind of hoping to keep their baby shower all about them.  But, now, I'm wondering if I will still be able to fit into any clothes that are normal by that point--I may have to spill the beans anyway!

So, the one thing I am kind of excited about is the opportunity to be able to write down some of how I'm feeling here.  You know, I always buy a baby book near the end of my pregnancy and I never remember the silly stuff you're supposed to fill in--foods you craved, who you told first, etc etc.  Maybe I'll be able to fill those in now!! :)

I had my first bout of real nausea last night.  But mostly I've just been tired.  And craving really weird things:  pumpkin, sweet potatoes, tartar sauce (but that one really didn't settle well!), sausage and sauerkraut.  I've been mostly going with it--appeasing the craving because I know the time will come very soon where I won't want anything and nothing tastes good!

Keep this wee one in your prayers if you can.  We're have secret hopes for another girl but we're also happy for whatever God has planned!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, congrats!! Exciting news Hope! I'm always amazed at you moms of many and the little souls you all bless our world with. A wonderful treasure! I'm so honored to be in the presence of such amazing women who keep on sharing the gift of new life.
    I'll add you and baby to my prayer list and keep you in mind during your pregnancy. May these days be blessed and keep you feeling healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope you have another girl.

    ReplyDelete