October 13, 2010

October Daybook.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010


Outside my window...it is dark and rainy.  I love the rain.  It is relief, especially since we haven't had any!  I know I will dread the greyness come February, but for now it is a respite and a good excuse to snuggle on the couch with my dearies.

I am thinking...a lot about conflict resolution.  Especially how to let it go when the other person refuses to be adult and is making false accusations.  The difficulty is really in how to protect my children and not make them suffer for an adult's personal issues.  And does it make a difference in how one approaches conflict if they have no faith to guide them?

I am thankful for...good friends who offer support and wise counsel. 

From the learning rooms...wrapping up "D" week.  Which really has taken two weeks due to our outside-the-home-commitments.  Floundering a bit as I have lost some of my own rhythm and focus, I hope to get back on track next week.

From the kitchen...trying a recipe for white chicken chili I found online (because I keep forgetting to ask my SIL if she'd share hers!), mexican chicken casserole, sloppy joes, crockpot pork chops, chicken pot pie.  And a make-up baptismal day celebration that got by-passed.

I am wearing...black workout pants I received for my birthday and a lime green t-shirt.  And my athletic shoes.  Still.

I am creating...exciting stuff.  More on that later.

I am going...to our zoology "class" with our buddies tomorrow.  Piano is cancelled for this week and we're opting out of homeschool gym this week (see said conflict above.  I need time to recover my composure so I don't shake and cry the whole time!).  So, maybe we'll hit the park on friday for some R&R.  Maybe we won't.

I am reading...blogs and magazines and not much else. 

I am hoping...for closure and health.

I am hearing...the gurgle of my new chest freezer.  And Ken's clicks of the keyboard in the other room.  Just got the freezer today, not sure if that gurgle is normal or not?
  • Around the house...we have a deck off the back of the house halfway completed.  It would be nice to get some serious progress made this weekend, especially because it is not safe for the toddler of the household right now. 
  • I have a stairwell also halfway painted--I need to finish that which means I need to find some plastic and put away all the laundry.  That may or may not happen.  But I can hope!  The bigger problem is that I can't have little ones running through while I'm doing it and by the time they go to bed, I'm tired too! 
  • And I bulbs that still need planting.  Ideally, I also need a truckload of mulch, grass seed, and some pansies.  Okay, I don't need pansies.  But still.  I think that only the bulb planting will happen mostly because everything else requires cash.
One of my favorite things...coke and chocolate.  And starbucks.  And sleeping in my bed with the fan running snuggled under the down comforter.  And little girls who talk endlessly about growing up to be a mommy and being in the girl club and all the animals she likes (but not bulls.  Definately not bulls.  They will get you).  Was I really supposed to stick to one?

A few plans for the rest of the week:  catch up!  pray a lot!  and well, all that other stuff I've already mentioned. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... 

First pony ride!
 
 
Visit Peggy for more October daybooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment