November 29, 2010

I am so excited...

Our photo from last year.  Taken by my tripod.  Um, yes, those are sheers hung over our french doors.  Lovely, I know.  Hoping for better this year! :)

Well, I am so excited about many many things, especially everything that I love and enjoy about the Advent season and preparing for Christmas.  One thing I am particulary excited about is .... wait for it..... christmas cards.

Yep.  That's what I said.  Christmas cards.  I love sending them and receiving them and especially I love the photo cards because I love, love seeing how everybody's kids have grown (especially old friends we don't get to see but every few years) and showing off how my kids have grown as well.

So, when Sarah mentioned that bloggers had an opportunity to review Shutterfly's photo card line--I was pretty excited about that as well! 

And the best part?  This year, my husbands family is having their pictures professionally taken (all 33 of us!) so that means that I won't be trying to snap a picture of the kids by the tree on Christmas Eve eve!  I will actually have a beautiful picture to add to one of these beautiful cards.

Now, my requirements for Christmas cards are that they have some religious aspect to them.  That's just me.  I feel that it is a small way of reflecting the season and what we believe to those we know and love, far and wide.

My first choice for some reason is this beautiful black and white version.  It just struck me as classy.

Which, for our family photo, we'll all be dressed in blacks, whites, greys and reds.  Could be great on this card!

This is would be my second choice:


And, I do have to say that there are soo many beautiful choices, religious and just festive for cards (isn't this one pretty?) or new year's cards (you know-- if you are the ultimate procrastinator.  Or maybe you just prefer to wait until Epiphany!)---you'll just have to get on and check them out for yourself!

In past years, I have used Shutterfly for photo books and photo calendars (always a hit with grandmas!) and the quality and service have been awesome.  So, I can only expect the same of their photo cards.

Shutterfly has a great selection on their website of all sorts of cards (lots and lots of beautiful ones) and photo gifts (can you say custom mug with chocolate? yum!). I think the hardest part will be making a decision!

Happy shopping!  And if you post a pic of your finished card on your site, you should leave me a link so I can oooh and ahhhh over your kids! :)

And if you want to apply for Shutterfly's promotion for bloggers (50 free cards!), you can go here.

2 comments:

  1. I too require that my Christmas cards have a religious greeting. We received, from good friends, a card that said "Happy Everything." seriously? Isn't that the greeting card equivalent of "whatever?"

    I clicked over from the sink link up. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with you...that sounds like a "whatever." Could it be that these friends are struggling this year? Maybe they are under pressure from friends or co-workers to "tone it down" or just struggling with their own happiness this season. Or maybe they were on sale, lol! None of the cards we have received so far have been religious at all--very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete