November 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--Thanksgiving edition.

November 22, 2010

Outside my window...it is partly sunny, which really means it is mostly cloudy with a glimpse of sun every so often.  Warm (70 degrees!) and windy.  My kids are loving the day.

I am thinking...about cleaning my laundry room.  I am so overwhelmed with the house and family politics that it just seems the best thing to do.

I am thankful for...chocolate.  For comfy beds.  For a pregnancy with little morning sickness (my best pregnancy ever!) and just tiredness.  For big houses that have room to welcome new babies.  For play-doh and crayons and kittens who enjoy a good chase by a little girl.  For internet shopping.  For liturgical seasons.

From the learning rooms...chug chug chugging along.  I started this year with the plan that our learning was largely going to be literature-based.  I'm finding I feel really unsatisfied by that.  I'm also finding that my husband also needs to see the kids do more concrete work.  I ordered more workbook-type materials for Nathan that he is starting to dig into (and enjoy) and I think come January I will order a couple little things for Patrick.  Stuff like handwriting and spelling work really well in workbook form.  I think I just don't have the patience to manage it the other way.  Still sticking with a lot of books, especially for Nathan. 
From the kitchen...oh gosh, I have no idea.  Menu planning went out the window with the nausea thing.  It has turned into--what can mom stand to smell while it cooks tonight??  And some days, I'm really good and manage to throw something in the crockpot early on.  But then, that SMELL thing comes back to bite me sometimes...

I am wearing...black exercise pants and a t-shirt.  My wardrobe is really limited right now.  Don't want to wear maternity clothes yet (I wore a maternity shirt to mass yesterday and I felt like it made me look huge. ugh).  Still have a few normal clothes that fit, but those will be filtered out here soon I'm sure.

I am creating...a baby.  'Nuff said.

I am going...nowhere I don't have to go.  Low and Slow is how we're rolling these days.  Of course, there will be Thanksgiving on Thursday at my SIL.  But other than that, no plans.

I am reading...baby books and magazines.  I can't seem to focus on much.

I am hoping...to hear the baby's heartbeat at my OB appointment tomorrow.

I am hearing...Liz and Nick playing under the table.  They dumped their oyster crackers and are now eating them off the floor because they are puppies.  Cute!  Good thing I just mopped that floor.....  :)

Around the house...well this weekend is the exciting switch over from fall-decor to Christmas decor.  Very exciting, I love it.  I'm thinking I will need to clear off our school counter to make room for the Jesse tree and place to keep the advent wreath when not in use (otherwise some little person will distribute candles around, I'm sure).  I also need to move the desks in the front room up to the loft or basement for the season.  I am trying to get caught up on cleaning that fell behind the last few weeks.

One of my favorite things...second floor laundry! No more toting baskets and baskets of laundry.

A few plans for the rest of the week... grocery shopping, Thanksgiving get-together, redecorating, maybe get a tree (we'll see), starting the Advent wreath and Jesse tree.  Love this time of year!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Late-night deck helper!



Visit Peggy for more great daybooks!










No comments:

Post a Comment