December 16, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook--Advent Edition.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Outside my window...snow, snow and more glorious snow!  We've had more snow this December than I can remember.  This is our third snowstorm in two weeks.  I'm hoping we'll have a white Christmas!  I think right now we have about 3 or 4 inches in addition to what was left on the ground.  That is a lot of snow for 'round here!

I am thinking...
  • about Christmas preparations and menu plans and all that.  I seriously need to put together teacher gifts (piano, religious ed) and angel tree gifts and make sure I have it all for this weekend.
  • about babies.  I'm 15 weeks today and I feel ginormous all of a sudden.  Good though, still tired but no more nausea!  Yay! 
  • about pets and what to do with them now that the weather is cold.  They're driving me crazy.
  • about our sponsored Compassion child, Kevonsky.  I always worry for him when I hear about all the stuff going on in Haiti, the Cholera outbreak being the most recent.
I am thankful for...a warm house and food to eat.  Especially when you think about all those who are suffering and who have so little.

From the learning rooms...we're on break until after the holidays.  We're crafting and baking and sledding instead.
From the kitchen...lots of goodies.  Making tins of cookies for all the neighbors and some of Ken's co-workers.  I have been trying to make and bake and freeze.  I've never done the cookie freezing thing so I hope it turns out okay!

I am wearing...sweats, slipper socks, and a thermal shirt.  Cozy clothes for a cold day. 

I am creating...a baby.  And Godparent gifts and still working on a gift for my new little nephew due in February.  Not a big deal, it is just taking me a long time!

I am going...nowhere today!  I don't think my van would get out of the drive if I tried.

I am reading...Light from Heaven by Jan Karon (Mitford series).  I've read it before, but I just came across it again. 

I am hoping...for good health!  Liz and Nick have been battling little colds for awhile now.  I'm hoping they resolve and I'm not driving to the pediatrician for an ear infection next week.

I am hearing...kids talking while eating lunch.

Around the house...finishing the to-do list.  Ken's birthday is this weekend so that will be a whole day of fun and I need to have the house pretty much cleaned up by then.  I'd like Ken to install the remaining shelves in the hall closet so I can get the sheets up off the floor.  There is nothing more ridiculous than scrounging through a pile o' sheets when someone needs one!

One of my favorite things...hot cocoa and rosy cheeks.

A few plans for the rest of the week...birthday celebrating, baking, passing out cookie tins, piano lessons, final shopping.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...




Visit Peggy for more daybooks!







No comments:

Post a Comment