June 24, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook.

For the month of June.

Outside my window...it is grey and cloudy and a bit rainy.  Last year at this time, we were in the middle of high heat and drought.  This year, some of my plants are suffering from too much rain (I think we have had somewhere around 40 inches of rain so far this year--18 inches more than normal).

I am thinking...about things I need to do--reorganize the school closet, sell or donate Liz's clothes from last year, mop the floor.  But I think they are all going to have to wait a few more weeks.

I am thankful...for the rain.  We are fortunate enough to not have to worry about flooding.  And we just planted grass seed (crazy thing to do in June--but the guy was just able to level the backyard two weeks ago).  So, every day of rain is one day I don't have to water that grass seed--a couple of acres of it.  And the grass needs to be there so we a) don't have mud and b) don't have erosion.  At least until the clover takes over!

I am also thankful for new babies who keep my arms full and my days busy.

From the learning rooms...we are still. muddling. through.  Nathan still has a few lessons of math to finish, he just can't seem to focus on getting them done.  So, one or two a week for the rest of the summer, I guess!  And, Patrick needs remedial help with phonics.  So, we are working on that a bit at a time as well.  Which seems like a lot right now!

In the kitchen...I'm back to cooking.  Last night I made a stellar dinner of Asian BBQ chicken (out of the freezer), corn on the cob, red potatoes, and italian bread ...all on the grill.  That is my kind of dinner!  So, what's tonight?  I haven't the faintest idea.  Spaghetti?  Sounds gross.  :)

I am wearing...jogging pants, a blue t-shirt, a grey, hooded jacket and a ponytail.  With socks.  It is a bit chilly in the house today!

I am creating...not a thing!  I would love to create something... but I have no idea what.  And no time right now anyway... check back next month!

I am going...nowhere today.  We were supposed to go to a friend's house today but Nathan was up in the middle of the night with a stomach bug so that has been postponed until next week.

I am wondering...about school for next year.  To start Liz in K or not?  What to do for Literature for Nathan?  History?  Science?  How much is this going to cost me?  Should I start selling things?  :)  I so look forward to ordering books but not paying for them!

I am reading...blogs and that is about it.

I am hoping...that little Peter gets into a good daytime routine in the next few weeks.  He is a great sleeper at night, it is just the daytime that he is fussy --he doesn't much like to be awake!

I am looking forward to...4th of July, we'll be having a big party and then Peter's baptism on July 10th, and sometime soon--fresh eggs from the chickens.

I am hearing...Liz trying to help Jacob build a paper airplane with a straw.  The baby monitor.  The chest freezer gurgling.

Around the house...the chickens need nest boxes, the potatoes need more dirt, we still have many rooms unpainted, the list goes on and on for possibly forever.  Does anyone have a house that is "done"? 

I am pondering...what to do with little girls...sometimes I'm at a loss for ideas in this department!

One of my favorite things...my chest freezer.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I'm so boring, I have no plans.  But I'm sure something will come up!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Peter at 3 weeks.
The only way we get through the afternoons--with a sling and a binky!

Visit Peggy for more daybooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment