July 28, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}--Chicken Edition

Pretty

One of our Australorps, Stinker.
Her feathers are a pretty blue-green in the sunlight.
She's called Stinker because she is always getting out and
trying to convince us to give her snacks.

Happy


Nathan holding Stinker.
He's pretty happy that one of the chickens is friendly enough to be carried.
He might participate in 4-H with her next year.


Funny 

My big ol' mean cat is kind of scared of the chickens.
Pilchard is normally a force to be reckoned with.
But he mostly just tries to pretend that the chickens aren't there
and hopes that they just leave him alone.
Likewise, Sally, the beagle, just ignores the chickens.


Real


Our first egg, found this morning!
It is a green egg so we know it came from one of the Araucaunas.
These boys were pretty excited.
And as I was typing this up, Jacob ran in with another green egg!
Yum!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, yay, eggs! I miss having chickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spread the chicken love! I miss mine terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see the beagle! (I have one, too!)

    Your {p,h,f,r} moments are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHat a gorgeous green egg. And your chickens look so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linny--I'll have to do a Sally post for you! Beagles are such sweet dogs!

    ReplyDelete