August 29, 2011

Back to school...


We started back to school today.  We started the day off with a yummy breakfast of coffee cake, bacon, and strawberries.  I saw this post over at Shower of Roses and knew I just had to do some of my own:

I didn't have time to make the Patron Saint tags so we just talked about the ones I picked instead.
The kids were really excited and pleased with their "pencils." 
Definately a good way to sweeten them up for the first day!

I think we got off to a pretty good start.  There was a moment---liz was repeatedly asking for a workbook, Nick was being a tornado (shoes were flying), Peter was crying, an older boy had said something mean to a younger boy and that boy was crying and the older one was in trouble, and another boy was asking for help---when I thought, "is it too late to register for school?"  But, the moment passed, it always does, and we were able to complete all of our work, mostfully joyfully!  Whew!





6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful idea. I love your pencils. What a special way to start the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Jessica is lovely... she is one of the first blogs I began following a couple years ago. We will begin school after Labor Day this year as we are at the beach right now on vacation. With hurricane Irene, we were not sure if we would get to come... but here we are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Provincial--it wasn't my idea, I'm just not that creative these days (unfortunately)!

    Mom2Seven--where are you at? We had been tossing around the idea of going in two weeks but weren't sure now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are staying in Oak Island, NC. Today was lovely! Oh, and you can call me Annita. (I have a daughter named Hope.:))
    +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Hope is not a name that you hear very often (which I like!).

    We were considering the Outer Banks, but it seems that Oak Island is about the same drive. I'll let you know if we make it there (or anywhere!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pencils. They're popper, right? What a fun way to make the day special.

    ReplyDelete