August 22, 2011

Recipe of the week!

Asian Chicken with grilled peaches.
Yum!
I should say...recipe of the summer!  I have made this recipe over and over and over again this summer.  Actually, I usually just make up a big batch and freeze, thaw, and grill!  I love it because I keep all the ingredients on hand in my pantry and all the kids will eat it. 

First the Asian Chicken.  I originally got the recipe here.

1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C soy sauce
2 T lemon juice (original recipe calls for lime, which I never have)
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t curry powder
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 t grated fresh ginger
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I use regular thighs, throw in some breasts sometimes and grill on low heat--so they don't char)

Combine everything but the chicken in a small bowl. Whisk to dissolve brown sugar. Place marinade and chicken in a zip-lock bag. Marinate for as long as you have, or do what I do--throw it in the freezer and let it marinate as it thaws!
Preheat a grill (or an indoor grill pan or broiler). Grill for 20 minutes on low heat.  Some of the smaller pieces should be moved to the top grill rack if you have one.  The glaze really carmelizes on the grill and is yummy, yummy.

While you are doing that--grill some peaches!

I usually cut them straight down to avoid the pit.  This gives me a flat side and is just plain easy.  The chickens get to pick the little bit of flesh off.  Or Nick will do it! :)

I'm not too picky about the time--long enough to sear the peaches and get them good and warmed through.  I'm thinking it is probably a personal preference thing.  So, after you pull them off the grill, drizzle them with a little honey.  This is good enough to be dessert--but we can't wait that long and I'm not a fan of heating up the grill twice.

So, go grill yourself some chicken and peaches!  While you're out there, throw on a vegetable (zucchini or broccoli in a foil packet?  corn on the cob?) and heck, put your bread on there too!  (Yes, I grill my garlic bread.  Hey, when it is hot, why heat up the kitchen just for bread?)

No comments:

Post a Comment