August 9, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook.



August 9th, 2011

Outside my window...clear, blue sunny skies.  Beautiful!  We had a little rainstorm come through last night (which is awesome--we needed the rain) and have that clarity that comes after a cleansing rain.  I even turned off the air conditioning for the first time in forever.

I am thinking...about schooling, organization, co-op, all sorts of things.  Mostly driving myself crazy with the "I need this to...." kind of thoughts when I don't have the cash to buy anything anyway!

I am thankful...for friends, near and far.  For sweet babies.  For naps.  For Jarlsburg cheese dip from the local grocery.... all sorts of wonderful little things like that.

From the learning rooms...I just ordered books today.  Trying to keep it simple this year and finish up some things from last year.

In the kitchen...Asian Chicken on the grill tonight (from the freezer) with grilled peaches.  Our current favorite meal!  Tomorrow, spaghetti before soccer.  Thursday, maybe a roast in the crockpot and Friday??? Possibly pizza.

I am wearing...a black tee (pima cotton from LLBean--one of my favorite), khaki shorts and a ponytail.  No shoes, no earrings.   And... wait for it.... a baby in a sling!  :)

I am creating...school plans.

I am going...to the library today (maybe).  Tomorrow, Jacob has soccer practice.  Thursday is the soccer picnic at a local amusement park.  Maybe a cousin day in there somewhere.  A wedding on Saturday.

I am wondering...how to keep one of those pesky hens from cracking the eggs.  I am getting one hen-pecked egg a day.  I have to figure out which one is doing it....

I am reading...I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  Very good.  Interested to see how the movie compares!  I won't say much in case you haven't read it and plan to!  I started Weightless by Kate Wicker a couple of days ago.  A review on that soon!

I am hoping...that my husband's new job settles in soon.  And that he drums up a lot of business!

I am looking forward to...fall!  I love fall.  I love soccer and games, cooler weather, s'mores and fires, apples and pumpkins.  I love summer too.  But this hint of cooler air really made me think "Fall!! Yay!"  I'm also looking forward to Patrick's birthday at the end of the month.

I am hearing...the sound of the neighbor kid's dirtbike.  Gets to me after awhile. But, when that isn't driving by the window, I hear lots of happy kid voices.

Around the house...there is a back patio that still needs to be finished.  A hallway painted.  Artwork to be hung.  Chicken coop to be cleaned.  I have to mammoth, bushy morning glories that I am desperate to rip out.  They just look like kudzu came in and took over--with nary a bloom to glorify themselves.  I'm envisioning organizational things but that won't happen for awhile yet.

I am pondering...child-rearing.  From babies to pre-teens (not past that yet) and how hard it is.  And wonderful too---I just pray daily that I'm doing an okay job as Mom.

One of my favorite things...the front porch swing!

A few plans for the rest of the week...cousin day, soccer practice, picnic, friends in from out of town, wedding, piano lessons, and.... um, whatever else gets thrown in there.  I feel like I'm in my last "hurrah!" before school starts, lol!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
From our trip to Kings Island.
I love Liz's face there on the left.
I also love that this picture has everyone but Peter and me in it!


Visit Peggy for more great daybooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment