August 2, 2011

Two Months!

Peter is two months old today!  Boy, time sure goes fast, doesn't it?  His face is really changing and he is just getting sweeter and sweeter by the day.  I love his cheeks! 

I feel like he turned the corner this week.  Like a switch was flipped.  Yesterday was the best day--he took two naps, he was happy and smiley. 


He played on his play mat for 15 minutes! 15!  I couldn't believe it.  And, of course, all I did during that time was take pictures.  Look, the baby is happy!  Look!  Look!  He's smiling and cooing at the star!  He's wiggling!  Look! 
And, of course, everyone came to look.  Pleased as punch, just like their momma!

He was just generally happy and even took two decent naps--I managed to clean up the kitchen, throw in a load of laundry, clean the front porch, and play a game of Chess with Patrick.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I love, love this baby dearly.  And I'm not really complaining about his fussiness so much as verbalizing it.  I'm not one to hold stuff in.  I just feel better saying it.  And, darn it, carrying a baby around all day who is fussing at you is emotionally exhausting--especially when you have other people who need your time and attention.  Not to mention, a house that is falling apart around you!


So, trust me when I say that my attitude is more generally cheerful and happy.  I love little Peter.  We all do.  In spite of HIS need to be verbal! He is a joy and a delight.  I've had to work a little harder but it is nice to have figured out what he likes--baths, being outside, razzing on his tummy, and the mobile on the crib.  He's starting to try and check out the world around him, starting to try and touch things (and especially faces) with that little closed fist.  And, my goal for this week was to really try and work on a schedule.  We'll see how that goes!  Summer doesn't lend itself well to a schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment