October 13, 2011

Book review---Motherless.





Enthralling.

Riveting.

This book will have you on the edge of your seat!

I have just finished reading Motherless by Brian J. Gail as part of The Catholic Company's reviewer program.  I absolutely loved it. 

At 509 pages, this is no "quick" read but you won't want to put it down until you are done.  I went into this book without any idea of the content and I hadn't read either of the other books in the series.  I don't want to spoil it for you. 

I'll give you a little taste, though.

Motherless centers around the "life issues", Gail frequently repeats throughout the book, that are in such debate these days.  In-vitro fertilization, embryonic stem cell research, end-of life care.  Obviously, the Catholic Church sees no debate.  The real issue is how, as a people of faith, are we going to respond to the Church's call for respect for life?  Motherless explores this question through the lives of the characters, such as the new CEO of a Catholic hospital or the accountant of a research lab.  Gail did a wonderful job in weaving fiction with reality and really makes you think!

And that is all I'm going to tell you!  Go, go read it! 

You can find Motherless by Brian J. Gail at The Catholic Company.

1 comment:

  1. Loved, loved this book, along with Fatherless. Can't wait to read Childless too!

    Enjoyed the review!

    I hope your family trip is going well or goes well. Can't remember if you've already left or not. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete