October 6, 2011

We're going to the closet...

...we're going on a trip!  We're going to the closet, gonna grab our stuff and split! 

Zooboomafoo, anyone? Let's just say I can't, can't get that song out of my head!



(go to about 2:20 for the song!)

So, yes, we are going on a trip.  A very long trip.  Across the country.  A minimum of 35 hours in the car (assuming we don't get lost and all that), 8 of us piled into our sweet, but cramped, minivan.

Are we insane???

I mean, people used to do this all the time, right?  Like, in the 70s or something.  We could have flown.  We thought about it.  But, dragging six kids, luggage, car seats, etc etc through airports and on a long flight seemed more traumatic than 3 days nonstop in the car.

I think I am crazy.

Anyway, we're heading to Los Angeles.  Hopefully, our Guardian Angels will be looking out for us the whole way.  The benefit to driving is that we get to see a lot of scenery.  We have a weekend in Yosemite planned.  A stop by the Grand Canyon.  A once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip.  I've never been across the Mississippi in my whole life!  But, Ken had to go for some training out there for two weeks and we thought we'd tag along.  Why not?

So, stay posted.  I might try to twitter along the way.  I have my twitter feed added to the upper right corner there.  And if you see that, you will see I don't really use twitter. 

Say a prayer for us--we're going to need it!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for a safe and happy trip! Enjoy! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete