November 1, 2011

Phase II: Los Angeles

I had no idea what I was getting into with going to Los Angeles.  Did you know it is the 2nd largest city in the US?  Did you know that traffic is non-stop there?  I didn't.  Did you know it also has an average of 336 days of sunshine a year? 

Los Angeles is beautiful.  It really is.  I think that is what surprised me the most!  The traffic is awful but everyone seems to just deal with it.  I didn't see any road rage.  People weren't cutting each other off or zipping through lanes, if you put on your blinker--they just let you over.  I was pretty darn amazed by that.  The traffic didn't bother me too much because I always got to drive in the HOV lane!  :)  I will say, the first day we were there, I took Ken to work--and got lost going back.  Well, I got confused on which exit, picked the wrong one and it took me an hour and a half (partially due to traffic) to get back to the hotel.  We spent the rest of the day at the hotel doing laundry and playing in the pool because I was too nervous to try and go anywhere else.  The next day, I bought a GPS and it made navigating through LA doable.

We spent four days here for this segment of the trip.  We didn't do Disneyland (the number one question I get asked).  We were "counted" in many languages--mostly spanish.  I did not see any other people with six kids!  We spent Tuesday at the Discovery Science Center and Wednesday at the Aquarium of the Pacific.  We spent the evenings at the beach and Thursday we packed up and headed to the next stop!

We don't have these here--car charging stations!

Can you tell what this is?
A cell phone attenna disguised as a palm tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment