December 21, 2011

Daybook: Fourth Week of Advent.

Fourth Week of Advent!
4 days 'till Christmas!

Outside my window...that beautiful mix of sun and clouds, the kind where the sun seems so bright against the grey cloud and you get those rays coming down to earth.  Like God is just shining down on you!  I love it.  Not to mention, tomorrow is the first day of Winter and it is 56 degrees outside.  It feels like Spring.


I am thinking...that I am ready for Christmas.  Not that I am ready.  I am not ready.  There is so much to be done still--but I don't care.  I'm just ready for Christmas.  To enjoy it.

I am thankful...
for the gift of life!  Praying for some expectant moms that I know. 
for speedy shipping--amazing the world we live in.
for healthy children.
for fresh air and sunshine.
for Christ's coming as a babe to save us all.

From the learning rooms...no school until after the holidays.  There have been requests for crafts.  I'll have to see what we can pull together!

In the kitchen...still finishing Christmas baking.  Have to come up with something for dinner tonight.  That's the thing--after baking all day I really don't want to think about dinner.  But think about it I must.  I've slacked the last two nights with simple suppers so it should be good tonight!

I am wearing...jeans, a pink t-shirt and a cream zip-up fleece.  And I didn't need a winter coat today when we went out. 

I am creating...some decorations for the wall.  Cookies, technically.  Some crocheted things, but nothing that will be done for Christmas--such is the way!

I am going...oh, who knows.  Every day I think I am done with errands---that I will just stay home and then I remember some detail that needs to be taken care of.  I just now remembered I need chicken food (too bad they don't sell THAT at Kroger, ha!) and I have photo cards to be picked up at Walgreens.  See?  Ugh.

I am reading...I just finished a book from the library--Home for the Holidays.  It was cute, they talked a lot about the Betsy-Tacy books which I've never read.  I'm going to see if I can request them from the library, though.  I also keep meaning to get the last Little House books--The First Four Years and These Happy Golden Years.  We all really enjoyed the Little House books on our trip to CA and back--but I didn't have these so we feel a bit like we've been left hanging!

I am hoping...for a white Christmas! Patrick is just dying to have some snow. 

I am looking forward to...celebrating this weekend and next.

I am hearing...Peter starting to complain.

Around the house...just cooking and cleaning and present wrapping!  Almost there--in the home stretch!

Celebrating the seasons...our Advent wreath/Jesse tree celebrations have been a little off this year--we've been running too many evenings!  You know it is bad when you go to do the Jesse Tree and know that you have to do 5 ornaments at once to get sorta caught up.  On the other hand, there isn't any arguing over who's turn it is to hang an ornament! Ha!  This year is an improvement over last year when I felt like everyone had a bad attitude about it.  I'd like next year to be home more and really savor those moments.

Peter...is working on his top two teeth.  And he isn't happy about it!  Poor baby!  He is also working on modifying his crawling arrangement.  It is now more of a caterpillar.  With sometimes an all feet and hands because he doesn't like his knees on the wood floor.  He has figured out how to sit himself up which is very cute because he is so proud of himself!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

My little boy at 6 am this morning.
Can you tell that Nick really likes Thomas?

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

Visit Peggy for more daybooks!

1 comment:

  1. Only have a moment... tis the season... but wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas! ~Annita +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete