December 7, 2011

Daybook: Second Week of Advent

Second Week of Advent!
Outside my window...gray, cloudy and blah.  At least it isn't raining today but it is cold.  The forecast had said 40 degrees and sunny--not so, not so.  I was hoping for everyone to finally get some outside time.

I am thinking...about overload.  Or rather, my overload is all I'm thinking.  So much to do--and what am I doing?  Sitting here typing this.  It is all about procrastination.  I can be really good at that.

I am thankful...for so much. 
For healthy kids. 
A found beagle, even if she stinks.
Christmas lights which make everything pretty.
My brother being out of the hospital and feeling better again.

From the learning rooms...we're still behind (we didn't "do" school in CA even though we learned lots).  I'm not going to get where we should be before Christmas.  My kids aren't good at "doubling up."  But that is alright.  We'll just keep going!  Co-op end for the semester this week, one more week of school next week before we adjourn for Christmas break.

In the kitchen...cookies, peppermint bark, lots of treats!  I'm still thinking about dinner for tonight.  Chicken of some sort.  We had flounder and salmon last night.

I am wearing...jogging pants, a short-sleeved tee and a zip-up hoodie.  And slippers.  It is a school day and we're not going anywhere.  Might as well be comfy!

I am creating...stockings for Peter, Ken and I.  I'd also like to work on my tree skirt but I'm not sure if that will happen this year.  I also have a couple of dishcloths to crochet and I would really like to crochet a blankie for the baby doll Elizabeth is getting for Christmas.  But we'll see.  Time is short.

I am going...piano tomorrow, with a run by Aldi.  I also need to pick up some portraits from JcPenney.  Friday is our last day of co-op--we'll go caroling as a group at a local nursing home and then head back for a potluck.  Mexican themed for St. Juan Diego.  Then we have a neighborhood Christmas party on Saturday.

I am wondering...how do some people get so much accomplished?  I feel like I am always spinning in circles.  Some of it I blame on homeschooling.  Some of it I blame on the size of my house.  (It was easier to keep up with a littler house--never mind that I kept dumping things in storage!)  But mostly, I think it is just life.  The world keeps spinning and so do I.  Ken and I always say that in a lot of ways it would be so much simpler to live like Ma and Pa in Little House on the Prairie!

I am reading...other than school books and our Advent/Jesse tree readings.  Not much.  I picked up some books haphazardly from the library but I haven't even looked to see what they are about.

I am hoping...for a date night out with my husband soon.  That would be nice.  We need to finish our shopping but also just to go out and have a quiet dinner.

I am looking forward to...Christmas!!  Aren't we all?

I am hearing...the t.v.  The two littlest are watching Sprout.  An argument just sprang up among the boys over gameboys. (sigh).

Around the house...I have lots of plans in my head but don't ever seem to get them going... one day.  One day.  Mostly, little things like pictures to be hung.  Then there is painting that still needs to be finished.  Really, if I could just get de-cluttered that would go a long way. 

Celebrating the seasons.... we are smack dab between the feast of St. Nicholas and The Immaculate Conception. 

The feast of St. Nick yesterday was a great day.  Sugar high and all!  :)  Really, the kids were thrilled.  They traditionally get chocolate coins, candy, a little money (a gold dollar if we remember to get them), a matchbox car, and an ornament in their stockings.  They were super excited because I had gotten them the lil'Kinz webkinz.  And, of course, books. 
Tomorrow is the feast of The Immaculate Conception.  We started late on our Novena, but we're doing it anyway.  And the kids keep checking the candle to see if baby Jesus is in there yet.  Too funny.

Peter...his second tooth is breaking through.  His first came last week.  I swear, this kid is on the fast track to adulthood!  Crawling, teeth, eating solids, what's next??  Jacob has decided he is now going to teach him how to walk.  I said, absolutely not.  No way.  Forget about it.  :)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Waiting for the Christmas Parade last Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading Daybooks. They are such nice little windows into the lives of others. Thanks for your email! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I love crocheting too. I hope you got all your projects done. And the Kitchen Prayer poem in your sidebar is just perfect. :-)) And your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! thanks for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete