January 12, 2012

Peter's new room.

Generally speaking, I like to keep my babies with me in my room.  It usually means I get more sleep that way.  Usually.  Peter doesn't like to fall into the "usually" category.  We found that even though he was going to bed (finally) really well --we were waking him up when we came in.  And then, somewhere around 2am he would decide that he'd really had enough sleep and just wanted to play. 

A couple of weeks of no sleep for me and that was that.

Peter got his own room.

Nick moved in with Liz (who was sleeping in the boys' room before that).  The arrangement has turned out pretty well and for three whole nights--I've gotten good sleep.  :)  That really makes a difference in my day!


The wall color was from a can of paint my mom gave me.
I didn't like the color swatch on the can, but it came down to "free" and so I used it anyway.
I really like the color on the wall.
Very nice for a baby room.
The wall mural came from Amazon.

Here is a close-up.
Super cute and super easy to put up!

This is the other corner of the room.
I want to do something over the diaper changer.
Maybe a quote--I'm still thinking on it.
Any suggestions?

I'm really happy with the room.  And mostly, I'm really happy that Peter sleeps in it so well!  I also pulled a twin mattress in there thinking that if he wasn't sleeping well, at least, he could play in a baby-safe spot and I could sleep.  I haven't needed it though!

Next up....putting my room back together!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you sound positive! Despite being a mama for 24 years, I cannot sleep without the youngest in the room with me. My three-year-old still sleeps curled up to me. I kept them with me as newborns because as you said, I got more sleep that way. However, my husband travels weekly, so I really like having a little one to snuggle with! :) Thankfully, the television, book lights, computer screens, me moving around the room, etc. does not bother her! ~Annita +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete