February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday.

I was planning on giving up chocolate for Lent. I guess God really wanted me to learn sacrifice this year... I'm giving up walking. I broke my ankle (two bones), had surgery on Monday to put in pins and plates. I can not put weight on it for four weeks. That is like eternity in Mom time! One could think it would be easy to sit here and relax. It isn't. It is impossibly difficult to watch all of your family have needs and not be able to help one iota. I can't get myself a drink. I cant put the baby in his high chair. I cant make lunch, clean up, do the dishes. However, I am keeping chipper! We are blessed to have family who have helped so much with the kids. We are blessed to have a network of homeschoolers who have been bringing meals. I am so thankful for so many people who have blessed us during this whole ordeal. Next year, I really just want to give up chocolate. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, bless your heart! Try to remain "chipper"... maybe use this time for lots of reading and snuggling with the kids and maybe a little crocheting... Stay off your foot, though, so you don't delay the recovery! Peace and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to read about your injury! As a homeschooling mom of six also, I can completely relate to how you must feel. When the mom is not up to par, things don't run quite the same. You will be in my prayers. God Bless

    ReplyDelete