April 21, 2012

Book Review: Life Entwined with Lily's

Life Entwined with Lily's (The Lily Trilogy, Book 3)
I chose to read Life Entwined with Lily's by Sherry Boas because it was fiction.  I just felt like fiction.

But, I doubted that I would like it.  The third book in a trilogy seemed like it would be stale.  Seriously, don't you hate when an author essentially reviews the previous books for the first half of the novel then adds some stuff on at the end?  I do.  And at first, I didn't like it but not because it is part of a trilogy.

The first chapter confused me.  I didn't know who everyone was and how they were related to one another.  Conversely, this is the same thing that drew me in!  There were a lot of issues that are painful in this book--painful events that occurred and I wasn't so sure I liked that.  I wasn't so sure I wanted to feel all that pain.  As for being confused, all the details get woven into the storyline, as they should, instead of a play-by-play recap.  And the pain, the pain gets resolved in the only way pain truly can. (Sheesh, I'm not going to give you all the details!).

By the end of this book, I was in love.  In love with Lily, in love with life, in love with our merciful God.  Well, I was already in love with Him, lol! :)  Don't get me wrong, this book is filled with emotion.  However, it is beautifully written with wit and empathy.  I highly recommend it!  Though, maybe you should start with the first book and work your way through! (Instead of backwards, like me!).

I read Life Entwined with Lily's as part of The Catholic Company's reviewer program.  I received a book but all thoughts expressed here are mine.  You can find Life Entwined with Lily's at The Catholic Company as well as the other books in the series by Sherry Boas.

No comments:

Post a Comment