April 14, 2012

Full hands.

Liz came down the steps and said, "Mom! I sure do have my hands full!"

How many times has she heard that in her lifetime?  Too many to count, I'm sure.  It just cracked me up that she thought it.  She followed that comment up with, "I sure look like a real mommy with my babies in a sling and everything!"

Liz loves playing with her baby dolls.  But she is insistent that when she grows up she is NOT getting married.  She is not having kids.  She is going to have a pet shop instead.  When I try to tell her that she could do both if she wanted, she says no.  Just a pet shop.  Maybe because she doesn't want her hands full? I don't know.  But I do know that I never wanted kids or to get married when I was growing up and look at me now!

God works in mysterious ways.  And I love having my hands full!  I wouldn't change it for the world.

1 comment: