April 25, 2012

Hot Fudge Sauce.

This recipe was loved at our dessert last night so I thought I would post it for future reference.  From Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book (I love this book, btw--a classic):

Hot Fudge Sauce
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk

In saucepan, melt chocolate and butter.  Add the sugar, gradually stir in milk.  Bring to boiling; reduce heat.  Boil gently over low heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.  Serve warm over ice cream.  Serves 8.

Note:  We had a little "detour" in our plans last night and I ended up not boiling for quite as long and "held" it on the warmer eye on low for close to an hour, stirring occasionally.  The recipe held up great so I would think it would do just as well being "held" in a crockpot for a party or such.

No comments:

Post a Comment