April 10, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook.


April 10, 2011
First Week of Easter.

Outside my window...sunny and clear and ....chilly.  After all the days of 80 degrees in March, a day in the 50s is a bit shocking!
I am thinking...how excited I am to go do "stuff"!  Like play at the park, and clean the house, and all that stuff I haven't done for 7 weeks now.  One more week of the walking boot and I'm free!  I can't wait.
I am thankful...for good medical care. (Even if I hate the feeling of that metal plate in my leg. Yes, I can feel it).  For friends and family who were so generous with time and effort and really helped us get through the last few weeks.  For sunshine and fresh air and getting back into sports and activities.  For Amazon and two-day shipping, without which I don't know if my household could have survived! (And for Kohls too, for Easter clothes).  For Christ and all the hope of Easter!  It makes my heart sing!
From the learning rooms...no spring break for us.  Too many breaks after the "break"--I know, I'm no fun.
In the kitchen...starting to cook a bit again.  Mostly easy stuff (partly due to the busy evenings) and a few leftover freezer meals.  I need to sit down and come up with a meal plan.
I am wearing...workout clothes.  It is a workout to just lug around this big, grey boot, lol!  Really, I just wanted to be comfy.
I am creating...a few scrapbook pages on My Digital Studio.  Other than that, nothing.  It is enough to just try and keep up.
I am going...to physical therapy twice this week, another soccer practice, and Ultimate on Friday.  A first communion on Sunday.
I am wondering...how long it will take me to get my house back to quasi-normal.  And I'm missing quite a few things that I'm thinking must have gotten put away in a weird place.  Clothes and shoes for Peter are the ones that bug me the most.  I also can't find certain kitchen items. 
I am reading...well, I haven't started them yet but I have a book from The Catholic Company to review and I just downloaded The Hunger Games (it was on sale!) for my Kindle.  I'll keep you posted.
I am hoping...the warm weather kicks back in next week.  I want to get out in the garden!  Which reminds me...I need to order some seeds.
I am looking forward to...summer.  Big plans and projects.  It will be fun.

I am hearing...two little kids being very noisy, running around upstairs.  I hope they don't wake the baby!  Three boys having a very earnest ipod conversation while they make themselves some sandwiches.
Around the house...trying to keep up.  Doing little bits of organization when I can.  I've been going through the kitchen cabinets one at a time.  It is slow, but it is something.
Celebrating the seasons...can you say, candy?  That is what my kids think about celebrating Easter!  Two days and I'm ready to pitch it all.  But, as I've said before, select children have no sense of moderation in my house.  I never got around to redecorating "lenten" style and there isn't much Easter around to look at either.  It is what it is.  We did (as usual) get a new book for each child this year and we've started reading Amon's Adventure.  It is designed to be read for Lent but the kids are enjoying it and I think it will be just as fruitful for Easter.
Peter...is thinking about walking.  He thinks he has to hold my finger when he does it but the funny part is he goes sideways!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Peter and his little tongue.
He really, really does not like the feeling of grass or mulch.
I got either a tongue sticking out or crying.
But I couldn't resist trying to get his picture, the flowers were so beautiful!

Visit Peggy for more daybooks!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading Daybooks. I love your little man's eyes! Happy Easter! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete