May 7, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie.

I have a simple chicken pot pie recipe that Ken really loves.  We like it because it only has one crust.  No one in my family likes that soggy bottom crust!  It freezes easily as well.  I double this every time, quadruple if I'm making enough to freeze.  My family will eat two of these for a meal.

Chicken Pot Pie
2 skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 can low-sodium cream of chicken soup
1 jar low-sodium chicken gravy (or make your own!)
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (I usually do more)
1 cup frozen chopped onions (I usually do 1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
9 inch refrigerated pie crust (or homemade)

In a bowl, combine all the ingredients except pie crust.  Pour into pie pan and cover with pie crust, tucking and crimping edges.  Don't forget the steam vent!  Cover with foil and freeze until ready to use or bake, covered, at 400 degrees for 45 minutes then uncovered for 15.  Cool for 10 minutes before serving.

If baking from frozen, bake at 400 degrees for an hour, covered, then uncover and continue baking until crust is brown and sauce is bubbly, about another 20 minutes.


This recipe originally came from a parenting magazine of some sort.  The nutritional info is listed as: 6 servings, 348 calories, 16 g fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment