May 23, 2012

Fun at the zoo.

We had a great day at the zoo yesterday.  It was much more crowded than I expected it would be considering it was a chilly morning with a threat of rain.  I guess everyone else was thinking the same thing.  We were blessed to get to spend the day with our close friends and I managed to get a few pictures before I dropped my camera and broke it!
A quick pic while we were waiting for our friends to arrive.
We also saw a very cute barn owl and the elephants while waiting.
Did you know that elephants are matriarchal and the bulls get kicked out of the herd?
I didn't know that.
And, one of the elephants that is at our zoo came from Denmark.  When she came, she had to have a translator come with her so that she could learn English commands.
Amazing.
Goofy giraffe.
I like giraffes.  :) 
Nick's favorite parts of the day were the train and the carousel.
Other than that, all he cared about was ice cream.
Which he didn't get and was very, very unhappy about.
The birthday girl in front of a polar bear. 


There were a few mishaps.
A few almost-mommy-meltdowns when we were all hungry and there were no tables to order food and eat at.
The broken camera.
A lost sippy cup.
Almost losing one of the twelve kids in front of the Macaques.
All minor things that didn't hinder us from having a lot of fun with our friends!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice time! Sorry about the camera, that's a major bummer!

    ReplyDelete