May 5, 2012

Hearty Chicken Casserole.

I've been doing a little freezer cooking here and there.  Basically, trying to make my life a little easier in the future.  I've been running ragged with sports, 4-H, and trying to just get caught up in life.  So, this past week, in an effort to make next week easier, I've just doubled recipes to put in the freezer for later.  Largely, they've been chicken recipes (we ordered a quarter cow but it wasn't ready until today).  One of my kids' favorites is Hearty Chicken Casserole.  Easy, and they like it.  I like that!

Hearty Chicken Casserole
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (I usually do 3 and I mix it up: cream of mushroom/celery/or chicken)
1 cup milk
pepper to taste
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I use more)
3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
16 oz angel hair pasta, cooked to directions
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

topping:
1/4 cup parmesan
1 cup bread crumbs

Stir all ingredients together except topping in a 9x13 casserole.  Top with topping.  Bake at 350 degrees for  30 minutes or until hot.

If baking from freezing, I would bake for an hour, covered, removing the foil to brown it for the last 15 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment