August 29, 2012

Back to School.


Yesterday was our first day back to school.
We celebrated with coffeecake and cantaloupe for breakfast.
(Mom needed festive but easy).
And our "pencils" just like last year.
Except I forgot to buy the Hershey kisses.
And, they noticed and remembered!
I tried to say these are "unsharpened" pencils but the boys didn't buy it.
However, they did enjoy them immensely! :)
 
And in the course of the day I realized I can't find two very important books:
a science one for Jacob and a religion for Patrick.
Now I have to find out if I never really had them or if they are just somewhere they shouldn't be!
 
And I realized it helps a bit to go over the lesson plans ahead of time to print/copy if need be and gather supplemental books.
 
But, that is what the first day is for, right?
 
St. John the Baptist de la Salle (patron of teachers), pray for us!
St. Thomas Aquinas (patron of students), pray for us!
 
Wishing you all a fruitful and blessed school year.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! What a great tradition. The first day is always a little bumpy, fun and tiring! :)

    ReplyDelete