August 22, 2012

Hey.

Hey, there.

Seems forever since I've been here.  Frankly, I'm tired of looking at the same old pictures on my own blog.  :) 
Bamboo forest at the zoo.

At any rate, things are looking up here (fingers crossed, praying...).  I had a couple of really rough weeks.  Couldn't keep anything down one day, fine the next but trying to make up for the dishes in the sink from the day before.  I guess at least I should be happy there was somewhat of a pattern!

Catching critters at the creek.
 
Migraines, nausea, (crankiness because I really don't like feeling that bad--it wears on me physically and emotionally) and all that fun stuff.  The next day I would wake up and be, "hmm...I think it is going to be okay!" and eat myself silly and clean the kitchen and have playdates.  Then, bam, I'd wake up and be totally out-of-it again.  Crazy.

I've been counting the good days.  I have felt great since last Thursday. 

Great.  Absolutely wonderful.  Finally at 16 weeks.

It is the wildest thing--I keep waiting for the bomb to drop.  And trying to remind myself to slow down a bit and still rest so that I don't do it to myself.

Nick playing with the fish we caught.
 
So, we are packing in all the fun that we can.  Pool time, park time, zoos, museums and play days.  I laugh at myself because I've barely taken any pictures.  So unlike me.  I'll take one from each event if I'm lucky.  Scrapbook pages from the summer will be really light! 

Enjoying the cool water.
 
We might start school next week.  Depending on how I feel.  We have a birthday and dentist appointments at the beginning of the week so I may wake up on Tuesday and feel like I'm too tired to get started.  We have been doing math, though, so that is something. 

A twilight fire and roasted marshmallows.

I'm looking ahead too.  I'm not ready for summer to be over but I really love fall.  I am looking forward to sports and fires and even school (a little bit).  I'm looking forward to hitting that 20 week mark of this pregnancy and getting to see this little one on the ultrasound.  And then, before you know it, there will be holidays and all sorts of fun.

Being goofy at Nana's pool

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! The yucky long days make you appreciate the simple things in life! So glad you are enjoying the last days of summer! :)

    ReplyDelete