January 3, 2014

A quick look back at December.

Gosh, bloggers everywhere are looking back at 2013 and I can't get past December!  ;)

(At any rate, Happy New Year!)

We had snow, did I tell you that?  Well, if you followed me on Instagram you would have known that.  And be privileged enough to see a whole bunch of randomness. Aren't you sad.....



We spent the entire weekend before Christmas feverishly shopping.  In the rain and traffic.  Because we were seriously underprepared this year.

We were amazingly able to keep up with our Jesse tree and Advent wreath.  I was pretty thrilled about that!  The coloring pages from Holy Heroes really helped the little guys.

Due entirely to my husbands persistence -- Christmas cookies were made and "gingerbread" houses assembled.  And eaten.  

We hosted Christmas Eve at our house and celebrated Christmas Day at my mother-in-law's.  Both wonderful and joyous and I have no pictures of either on my phone.  Nor do I have the standard after-Christmas-mass photo.  So I give you instead the pajamas-from-Nana one. 

 Complete with goofiness because they've already had one sugar-hyped party and anxious to go to bed to have the next.

And we celebrated Grandma and Grandpa's 48th Anniversary with a visit to Krohn Conservatory.
Pretty, huh?  One of my favorite places to visit!
These two didn't want to leave the trains behind.
The happy couple!  I can only hope enjoy 48 years of wedded bliss with Ken.  What a gift!
Another favorite spot at Krohn-- the Nativity with live animals.

I know you are ready for this post to be over now.  But it's not.  Too bad, my blog and I've still got more December....  Anyway, I had the pleasure of taking Jacob, Liz, and Nick to a movie and dinner.  That was a treat!
Bob Evans was the agreed upon dinner and it was yummy.
And Ken put in a sink.  Lots of help too.
New Year's Eve brought a party at our house.  ;) And it was fun!  (What? You don't think a pic of shoes epitomizes the essence of fun?!?)

I leave you with this pic of my two girls in their dresses from Nana after Mass on New Year's Day, the Feast of Mary, Mother of God.  Aren't you glad you made it to the end? ;)

God bless and happy 2014!
















1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures... especially, the last! Such pretty girls and such pretty dresses! Happy New Year! +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete