February 26, 2014

Day book: Last week of February.

Daybook: Last week of February.

Outside my window...
Sunny, bright, and clear.  It looks lovely.  The temperature is 11 degrees.  Brrrr!


I am thinking...
About my big kids out skiing this morning.  I hope they stay warm!  Supposedly, there is supposed to be a local Olympian at the slopes today....I hope it isn't too crowded.

I am thankful...
That Caroline woke up yesterday definately feeling better.  I'm so thankful we live in this time period and not some of the ones before.  When you have a baby that won't keep anything down for 4 days, you start thinking about all the little babies in times when they didn't understand germs.

I'm also thankful for all the support from friends and family.  It's nice to have someone to commiserate and offer suggestions.

In the kitchen...
There hasn't been much going on in the kitchen this week.  Except for pedialyte and jello.  Dinner last night was waffles and eggs for those who wanted to eat, the night before it was chicken noodle soup.  Appetites have been low.  Tonight, the last of our two meat birds in the crockpot.  I'm thinking they'll come home from skiing hungry and ready for warm food.  If my husband doesn't hit Wendy's first!

I am wearing...
Yoga pants, a bright blue tee, and a hoodie.  And slippers.  Always slippers.  I think at some point today I will make the effort to put on real clothes!

I am creating...
Nothing.  Nothing at all.

I am going...
I'm on call to pick up kids who want to come home at the mid point of the day.  I'm looking forward to treating myself to a drive-thru coca-cola.  Other than that...no plans until the weekend.  Then a baptismal celebration for my niece and a birthday party for a nephew!

I am reading...
This week has been low on the read list.  The most I've accomplished is looking through the March issue of Martha Stewart Living and blogs while sitting and holding Carrie.  I plan on getting back to Chesterton's Father Brown series.

I am praying...
For a friend who lost her baby.  Heartbreaking.  For lots of people who are sick.

Around the house...
Recovery.  We've been running on two cylinders all week when we should be on four!  We'll spend the rest of the week catching up and trying to at least get a little math done.

A favorite quote for today...
From Nicholas, "I hope I get sick because then I won't have to go to co-op!"  Then, alternately, "I hope I don't get sick."

Pope Francis tweet, "Our Lady is always close to us, especially when we feel the weight of life with all it's problems."

One of my favorite things...
Humidifiers, essential oils, pedialyte, washing machines, hot water, and tv.  Oh... They all sort of go together as one this week!!

A peek into my day...

I've got a mama's girl this week.  Soaking up the snuggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment