February 23, 2014

Snow coolness.


I've decided to partake of 7 posts in 7 days with Jennifer Fulwiler at Conversion Diary.  Don't know if I can do it since I've decided such a thing a stomach bug is now on the rampage.  The best laid plans....  But hey, on to happier thoughts....


I wanted to post this last week but alas... Such is life.  Ken was out of town and I spent my week actually devoted to the children!  Go figure!  Anyway, the Sunday before he left the boys and I managed a quick trip to the creek.


I had been dying to get down there and take a picture of all the snowy perfection that I could see while driving by.  So imagine my frustration when ken and the kids took off to explore on Saturday without me!  *sniff sniff!


The water rushing under the snow and ice sounded absolutely awesome.  


Three crazy boys had a good time!


As you can see, there was still lots to enjoy Sunday morning.  And I'm glad we made the trip because the next few days the temps warmed up and the whole creek changed.

Those are not rocks.  Those are ice chunks. Some over 12 inches thick.  Cool, huh?  I don't know if you can see the one floating on the right.  Amazing the power of water!




No comments:

Post a Comment