March 1, 2014

Lenten plans

As Ash Wednesday is just a couple days away I thought I would list some Lenten plans.  This post has links to some of the stuff we "normally" do.

I plan on doing the 40 bags in 40 days again.  I am making a list of areas that need my attention and organization and starting there.  I didn't quite get 40 bags last time.  Let's see what I can do this time!

The kids and I are working through the Baltimore Catechism.  We've done sections for sacrament prep but I think we will start at the beginning and go through it all.  Together.  I'm not setting goals for how many lessons/books because surely I will fail.  We're just going to do as much as we can.  I've also lined up the Holy Heroes Lenten Adventure books.  I bought one set.  I think that it is too expensive to buy one for every child and that some children will do the crossword, some the coloring page, etc.  The kids will each determine their own sacrifices, we will probably agree to some as a family just because it is easier for the littler ones to "get it" if everyone is on board.

I'm going to read the Consoling Heart of Jesus.  Last year I did 33 Days to Morning Glory with my Familia group and loved it.

I'm giving up social media.  Not blogs or blogging because this is a family record of sorts.  But Instagram And Facebook.  Which I love to scroll through while putting the baby down for a nap but there's always Sunday!  

So those are my plans.  Unless God gives me some of his own (like here or really this was last years lent for me too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment