October 24, 2014

A John Paul II Feast Day.


We really enjoyed celebrating JPIIs Feast Day on Wednesday.  Did I ever tell you that I simultaneously wanted to name Caroline after JPII (Karol) and my mother (Carolyn)?  No?  Well, I did.  I wanted to name her Karoline.  Ken wasn't so sure.  He isn't down with alternative spellings.  And, maybe my mom would have minded.  I don't know.  We'll never find out.

Anyhow.

Ahem.

We kept our feast day simple.

I had this book to share with the kids, which I couldn't find.  It is still killing me.  Because I still can't find it.  I bought it after his canonization, thinking I'd be allll prepared and stuff.  Serves me right.  For trying to be prepared.  What was I thinking????

So, because I am so lacking in preparation.... we watched this video instead:


Which is particularly awesome if your kids know all the Just Dance moves.  None of my kids would dance along.  What is really truly, awesome, is that every time we watched it I still cried.  JP is that amazing.  And Carrie would give me a hug.  BONUS!  (I'm not sure what was up with the hug thing but I'll take it).

And because food must always be involved....we had spaghetti with meat sauce for all the years he lived in Italy and Potato Keilbasa as a kickback to the Polish roots.  Really, the spaghetti was for all the kids who wouldn't eat the keilbasa.  It works.  Brownies with gummy worms for desert.
Elizabeth drew this wonderful picture for me from JPIIs holy card.  I'd say it was a great first feast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment