December 1, 2014

Simple thoughts.

Outside my window...the warm weather of the weekend had turned into icy rain.  Yuck.  I would have relished a week of 60 degree temps.

I am thinking...that I haven't done a daybook post in a long time.  It is fun to go back and look at them, so I might reinstate them here.  
I am thankful...for a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family and food!  (Ken said he would like to have a second Thanksgiving it was all so good). 
                      ...for a weekend of pleasant weather to hang lights.
                      ...for answered prayer intentions.
                      ...for a healthy family.

From the learning rooms...ugh.  ugh ugh ugh.  I feel like I'm floundering a bit, can't seem to get to it all or to all the people.  I have a couple older ones who need work graded, a second grader who flits off to play with siblings, a nearly two-year-old that loves to destroy the house, a three year old who alternately wants to be in my lap or needing something.  So, basically, looking forward to Christmas break and not feeling stressed about it.  ha!

In the kitchen...I stocked up on a bunch of things to make freezer meals.  I just need to go back and get a few fill-in items.  Makes my life easier if I can make a bunch up and then just pull from the freezer.  We have a service project this coming weekend for AHG and we are making cookie plates to take to Veterans.  And, we are making some treats for a pregnancy center benefit so.... cookies, cookies, and more cookies this week.  I think that should count for school.  But, somehow, it doesn't.   
I am wearing... um...no one cares.  Okay, okay.  A hoodie, jogging pants and a tee.  I thought I would get dressed in comfy clothes this morn (just to get everyone moving on school work and such) and then go back and really get dressed.  Seeing as the weather outside is what it is.... I think I might just stay this way.

whoops!  She's got the lights stuck in her hat!
I am creating...scrapbooks.  Finally, finally, putting some pictures in an album from our California trip 3 years ago.  It is so much fun to go back and look at the pictures!  I wish I had done it sooner because there is a lot I don't remember.  Thankfully, ye ol' blog helps to jolt my memory and I have a little notebook I almost always take on trips.    Then, I realized I have no... zip, zero, none...pictures of Caroline's birth either printed or scrapbooked.  Poor seventh child.  Gotta get on that.  Before she turns two.

I am going...nowhere today, apparently.  For the rest of the week:  Patrick has theatre on Tuesday,  We also have to drop off cookies for the benefit on Tuesday.  Thursday, Nathan has a TOB class.  Friday is co-op and Nathan has youth group.  Saturday is St. Nicholas Day, AHG service project, our local Christmas parade, and maybe somewhere in there go snag our Christmas tree.  Sunday will be Mass and decorate the tree.  Or go get the tree if it doesn't happen Saturday.  Somewhere in there, I'm sure I will have to go to the grocery store and ...who knows what else.  :)

I am praying... for a little baby due very soon.  And lots of little intentions close to my heart.  Oh, and the St. Andrew Christmas Novena.

I am reading...children's books for Advent (it is on the to-do list today to fill the book basket), the SheReadsTruth app readings, as well as our daily bible readings for our Jesse Tree.

I am hoping...to get shopping done and focus energy on home-making and living the season!

I am looking forward to...enjoying Advent.  It's my favorite!

I am hearing...kids playing puppies in the other room. erupting into noisy exclamations.

Around the house...decorating, cleaning, purging, the usual.










No comments:

Post a Comment