February 2, 2015

Superbowl food.

Most people blog about their superbowl treats before the superbowl.  Not I.  Oh no.  Lucky that it is happening the day after.  Better than never? Or ... anyway....  (Personally, I'm still reeling from that game!)

The last few years, Superbowl has morphed into a day of a few favorite foods.  Veggie tray is a must.  I told Ken that he ruined my perfect swirl in the ranch dip with his cucumber and now I'll never be a food blogger.  Ha!

 Ken designed his chip plate with a little help from Peter.  Peter is really good at eating chips.
 
A family favorite is Fried Ravioli.  The recipe originally came from this one by Paula Deen.  Instead, we use bread crumbs to replace the pecans and LaRosa's pizza sauce for dipping.



Our next easy peasy treat is Skyline dip.  Spread a package of cream cheese on the bottom of a 9x13 pan, spread a can of Skyline chili next and then top with lots and lots of cheese.  Microwave for 4 minutes or bake in the oven until melted and bubbly.  Serve with tortilla chips.
New to us this year was Sarah's Krispie Brownies.  She posted a picture of these on Instagram and I knew we just had to have them!!  They were so yummy that I think they will make a comeback next year.

Since it was Caroline's actual birthday, she enjoyed one with two candles in it.  Yum!

I'd love to hear some other favorite superbowl treats to add to the lineup next year!  Share yours in the comments.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment