March 20, 2015

Feast of St. Joseph.

Image result for st joseph

O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord, so that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers.
O St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine head for me and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, patron of departing souls, pray for me.
~~~~~~~
Long ago, when the older boys were little, we chose St. Joseph as patron for our family.  They probably don't really remember making that decision (okay, so I really decided...with their blessing).   We leaned heavily on him when we sold our house.  St. Joe is near and dear our hearts ever since.  Besides, Ken is a carpenter at heart so there is a special connection in that area too.


 It was a simple celebration today, pasta and meatball hoagies.  Coke and twizzlers alongside the NCAA games.  Ken originally had a meeting that got rescheduled--St. Joe must have been interceding so that we had the joy of Dad being home.
And in keeping with tradition, cream puffs.  Filled with...whipped cream because its all I had time for.  The cream puff recipe came from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook and was so very simple.

Happy Feast Day St. Joseph!  Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment